Current (& previous activities)
- Founder and current coordinator of the New York State Crappie
An annual Ice Fishing event that draws thousands of people to Whitney Point Lake
each January. This event was started in 1974
- Elected Assessor Town of Triangle, Broome County, NYS
- State Certified Assessor - Advanced
Served for seven years.- Chairman of Board of Assessors
- President (for 16 years) of the Broome County Fermenter's
A home brewing and wine making society in south central NYS.
Placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in over a hundred contests
Affiliated with SEPP (Serving the Elderly through Project Planning) Since 1994.
SEPP (or the SEPP Group or the SEPP Management ?Company) is a non-profit corporation
that provides affordable housing for the elderly and disabled. SEPP currently
manages ten facilities with more in the planning stages
- Member, Board of Directors since 1994
- Chairman - Board of Directors - The SEPP Group (2003 - 2005)
- President - Riverside Cemetery Association (Non-Profit
Riverside Cemetery is a 6 acre cemetery in Whitney Point that contains the remains
of many historic and founding area families. Graves date back to 1790.
- President - Northern Broome Cemetery Maintenance Association
This is a partnership (of 5 cemeteries in northern Broome County) which coordinates
maintenance for the cemeteries.
- Chairman - Rogers Cemetery Committee - Town of Barker
This cemetery was formerly a family cemetery that was turned over to
the Town of Barker for administration. Significant effort and planning is required
for potential future development of the cemetery. Future development was set aside
and the cemetery was stabilized.
- Member - Northern Broome Seniors Advisory Committee since its'
This committee is instrumental in guiding and advising the overall activities of the
Northern Broome Senior Center.
- Provided PC maintenance support for the PCs available to the seniors at the center
- Developed, provided and maintained a website for the Northern Broome Senior Center
- Member - Whitney Point Central School District Financial
Was asked to serve representing the "Community Seniors". This is an advisory
committee to serve as an adjunct to the district and school board. Served on this
on this committee throughout its' active period
- Owner - PC Creations Consulting
- Member - Whitney Point Sportsmen's Association - Large
Membership Association. Served as Secretary for 16 Years and served on the
Association Board of Directors for several terms
- Member - American Legion and Veteran of Foreign Wars
Also a member of two US Navy Ship's Crew Associations:
USS Severn (AO-61 and USS Great Sitkin (AE-21)
Also a "Plank Owner" of the USS Ranger (CVA-61)
- Married (Jean E.), 5 children and 14 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren
Return to Home